Mission Store Reopening: June 1st 2020
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been diligently following guidance from health officials to keep all staff, volunteers, and clients safe and well. As the Ontario government steadily loosens emergency measures, we are acting accordingly and making careful adjustments to services offered by the Mission Store.
As of June 1st 2020, the Mission Store retail space, Emergency Voucher Program, and clothing/household items donation services will be reopening with several precautionary measures in place to ensure the safety of all visitors, staff, and volunteers. These measures include:
- Temporarily reducing operating hours to:
- Resuming donated clothing and household items drop-off at the Mission Store during operating hours
- Resuming donated clothing and household items pick-up services through the Mission Store van. Items for pick-up must be able to be accessed from outside (e.g. driveway or porch) as staff and volunteers will not be entering private homes. To book a pick-up time, please complete the Donation Pick-Up Request form
- Please note that all donated items will be quarantined before being made available to the public
- Limiting the number of visitors in the store at any given time
- Implementing a shopping time limit for each visitor
- Directing the traffic of visitors in the store
- Installing plastic barriers between visitors and the cashiers at the check-out counter
- Limiting access to the fitting rooms
- Frequently cleaning high-touch surfaces and high-traffic areas
- Providing access to hand sanitization stations for visitors
As we continue to monitor the situation closely, we will make thoughtful and necessary changes to the services and precautionary measures in place at the Mission Store. Please continue to visit this page and the Mission Store’s website, missionstore.ca, for updates.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE STORES